Longing for Home [Unabridged] [Audible Audio Edition] Author: | Language: English | ISBN:
B00E3XTODY | Format: PDF, EPUB
Download Longing for Home Posts about Download The Book Download Longing for Home [Unabridged] [Audible Audio Edition] for everyone book mediafire, rapishare, and mirror link
Twenty-six-year-old Katie Macauley has placed all her hope in Hope Springs, a small town in the 1870 Wyoming Territory. But if she wants to return home to Ireland to make amends with her estranged family, she'll need to convince the influential Joseph Archer to hold true to his word and keep her on his payroll as his housekeeper - despite her Irish roots. The town is caught in an ongoing feud between the "Reds" - the frontiersmen who would rather see all the Irish run out of town and the Irish immigrants who are fighting to make a home for themselves in the New World.
When Joseph agrees to keep Katie on ash is housekeeper, the feud erupts anew, and Katie becomes the reluctant figurehead for the Irish townsfolk. As the violence escalates throughout the town, Katie must choose between the two men who have been vying for her love - though only one might be able to restore hope to her heart.
Direct download links available for Download Longing for Home
- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 12 hours and 51 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Shadow Mountain
- Audible.com Release Date: July 23, 2013
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00E3XTODY
Longing For Home is a well-written and satisfying story with endearing characters and a fascinating glimpse of Irish culture in the Old West at a time when prejudice against them prevailed throughout most of the country.
I thoroughly enjoyed Longing For Home and consider it well worth the wait. It is a deeper, more involved story than Sarah's other books, proving that she has taken her talent for storytelling to an even higher level. The characters are dimensional and real, with histories full of struggle, survival, love, and loss. They are so well-developed I feel as if they are MY family and friends.
The dialogue is wonderful. I could "hear" Katie's brogue simply because of the words and phrases she uses with very little, if any, phonetical spelling. I appreciate that more than I can say. The use of traditional Irish phrases is enchanting and adds a wonderful lilt to Katie's voice in my mind. Tavish and Joseph are remarkable, hard-working men with very different personalities and situations yet with the same capacity for love and desire for peace in the community. I love them both and hope that I will get to read more about them in the future.
Experiencing the story through the point-of-view of all three main characters not only gave me a better understanding of their thoughts and motivations, it also made me care about them even more and kept me guessing about how events would unfold. I truly didn't know how things would turn out for Katie, or even how I wanted them to turn out because I was as torn about what to do as she was. I was unsure about Katie at first, but her growth throughout her experiences in Hope Springs felt natural and I was glad to see how far she had come by the end.
Longing For Home is a must for fans of Sarah M. Eden.
I have loved all of Sarah's books. There is just something about her characters and style of writing that strikes a chord with me. This book was no different.
We are introduced to Katie MacCauley who is traveling to the Wyoming territory to accept a job as a housekeeper. She is traveling in the back of a family wagon, uncomfortable around children because of what happened to her sister. The first line of the book is, "Eighteen years had passed since Katie Macauley killed her sister." If that doesn't make you want to keep reading and find out more, I don't know what will. And yes, what happened to her sister is a big part of the book and who Katie is today.
She makes it to her new employer's house who fires her as soon as she opens her mouth and he realizes she is Irish. You see, the town is divided between the Irish and the Americans of the town and Katie tips the balance. Her employer, Joseph Archer, is trying to remain neutral and if he keeps her on, the other people in the town might get upset.
Katie needs the promised employment so she can return to Ireland and make amends to her family so she forces his hand. It's so incredible to me how the author is able to write someone so tenacious and vulnerable at the same time. I loved Katie and her personality. She was true to herself, worried about the people around her, and yet battling her own demons at the same time. The author creates a town filled with people that are endearing, horrible, annoying, and compassionate, but always believable. Some of the things the Irish suffer through made my fingers turn pages faster so I could see how the town/Irish would deal with it. I have Irish ancestors of my own who suffered during the famine and came to Canada, so I really felt connected to these people.
Book Preview
Download Longing for Home Download
Please Wait...