• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Free pdf download

You can search and download free books in many categories

  • Home
  • Download
Home » Romance » Download Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel

Download Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel

admin
Add Comment
Romance
Monday, October 21, 2013

Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel [Kindle Edition]

Author: Katherine Reay | Language: English | ISBN: B00C5QA78M | Format: PDF, EPUB

  • Description
  • Book Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
Download Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel
Free download Download Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel from mediafire, rapishare, and mirror link

“Katherine Reay's Dear Mr. Knightley kept me up until 2:00 a.m.; I simply couldn't put it down." —Eloisa James, New York Times best-selling author of Once Upon a Tower

Samantha Moore has always hidden behind the words of others—namely, her favorite characters in literature. Now, she will learn to write her own story—by giving that story to a complete stranger.


Sam is, to say the least, bookish. An English major of the highest order, her diet has always been Austen, Dickens, and Shakespeare. The problem is, both her prose and conversation tend to be more Elizabeth Bennet than Samantha Moore.


But life for the twenty-three-year-old orphan is about to get stranger than fiction. An anonymous, Dickensian benefactor (calling himself Mr. Knightley) offers to put Sam through Northwestern University’s prestigious Medill School of Journalism. There is only one catch: Sam must write frequent letters to the mysterious donor, detailing her progress.


As Sam’s dark memory mingles with that of eligible novelist Alex Powell, her letters to Mr. Knightley become increasingly confessional. While Alex draws Sam into a world of warmth and literature that feels like it’s straight out of a book, old secrets are drawn to light. And as Sam learns to love and trust Alex and herself, she learns once again how quickly trust can be broken.


Reminding us all that our own true character is not meant to be hidden, Reay’s debut novel follows one young woman’s journey as she sheds her protective persona and embraces the person she was meant to become.

“Dear Mr. Knightley is a stunning debut—a pure gem with humor and heart.” —Serena Chase, USA Today


Includes Reading Group Guide


Plus Bonus Material: Q & A with Katherine Reay and Sam’s Reading List

Books with free ebook downloads available Download Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel [Kindle Edition]
  • File Size: 1205 KB
  • Print Length: 328 pages
  • Publisher: Thomas Nelson (November 5, 2013)
  • Sold by: HarperCollins Christian Publishing
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00C5QA78M
  • Text-to-Speech: Enabled
  • X-Ray:
    Enabled
  • Lending: Not Enabled
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,810 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
    • #11
      in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Christian
    • #18
      in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
    • #45
      in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
  • #11
    in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Christian
  • #18
    in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
  • #45
    in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
Any avid Christian Fiction reader must have heard of Katherine Reay's ''Dear Mr. Knightley''. Since its release last year, this novel has received nothing but glowing praise and it was with great anticipation that I grabbed a copy of it. For me, it started out well, really well. I could tell by the author's rich, gorgeous voice that she was a seasoned writer; her introduction of the main character simply drew me in. We meet Samantha Moore, a soul secretly hurting and hiding behind personas (a creative quirk, I found. Kudos to Reay). I had a feeling healing would flow for the wounds of Samantha's past and that by the end of it all, hers would be a beautifully rendered story. But halfway through the book, I found myself frustrated. Especially at her. Words cannot express how enigmatic this character is and as much as I tried, I simply could not decipher Samantha. What I first thought to be vulnerability in her came across as frustrating naivety. At times, she seemed approachable and willing to reach out to others, then she would suddenly close up on herself and was not as nice as before. There were simply too many contradictions. I just couldn't connect.

Unfortunately, Samantha's relationships didn't help the situation, because honestly, except for Father John, Kyle and even Hannah, I felt like most of the secondary characters were really distant. Something about their affiliation with the heroine seemed forced. Just as I was about to lose hope, lo and behold, in walks the great Alex Powell. I was so sure that he was the solution to it all! The more I kept hoping the more I realized he was running away from the heroine. There were sweet moments between the two but, mercy, I was wishing for more -- way more!

Long story short, I really didn't think I would end up liking '' Dear Mr.
Dear Mr. Knightly tells the picturesque story of a young woman named Samantha who is not only an orphan, but a girl who's made - nearly - one mistake too many. After attempting to make it on her own, she's forced to return to the safety of Grace House, the place she grew up in and try earning back the scholarship offered by a mysterious benefactor who is known to her only as "Mr. Knightley." When the man agrees to reinstate Sam's scholarship, the only stipulation he asks is that she write him letters detailing her progress. During her year of journaling through letters, Sam learns the meaning of independence, self-worth and maybe... even love.

Jane Austen has inspired thousands of contemporary pieces of candied fiction - both literary and cinematic. New author Katherine Reay uses the popularity of Austen-esque inspiration and crafts her story into a magnificently unique novel. One of 2013's debut authors, already Katherine has established herself as a name to keep an eye on. In `Mr. Knightley,' readers are swept up on an emotional journey of hope, healing and finding home. I have to be honest, when I was ready to read the book, in my typical reading habitual, I'd paged through the novel and read the author note prior to seriously reading it, and my opinion wasn't were I wanted it to be. This can be traced back to one thing - the style in which the book is written. Aside from an epilogue, the story is told, not just in the first person but entirely through letters, and it was a context that made me read with trepidation. Nonetheless I went through with reading and oh my, what a treat Dear Mr. Knightly was. These are the best kind of novels.

Ripping up the "rules" for a usual contemporary novel, Reay reinvented the familiarity of the genre.

Book Preview

Download Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel Download

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Download Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Biography
  • Business
  • Comics
  • Health
  • History
  • Literature
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Romance
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Teen
  • Travel

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Free pdf download - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google